C87 Journey in Time
by Michelle Frisby
For This Project You Will Need
• FabScraps Journey in Time C87 006
• FabScraps Journey in Time C87 002
• FabScraps Journey in Time C87 001
• FabScraps stencil DS 054
• FabScraps compass shapes and luggage ticket shape
• FabScraps chipboard DC87 003 – happy snaps word
• Muslin [cheesecloth], cardstock, leaves and flowers
• Corrugated cardboard packaging
• Gesso and a paintbrush
• Faber-Castelli Pitt big brush pen
• Modelling paste
• Background stamp and black Staz On ink pad
• Water colour crayons and water brush
Instructions for your tag
1. Use C87 001 as your background paper.
2. Use FabScraps stencil and modelling paste and apply to the edges of each side of your 12x12 base paper.
3. Use a background stamp and black Staz On ink stamp around the edges of your background paper.
4. Take a piece of C87 006 and cut a few of the purple colour strips that look similar to corrugated cardstock and a piece of the strips of the window shapes and keep aside.
5. Take a piece of C87 002 and cut two rectangles a little bigger than the photo you have chosen to scrap.
6. Cut two pieces of corrugated cardboard packaging and adhere them under each of the two rectangles.
7. Now start to build your embellishment cluster and build up your layers of papers – after I have cut my purple strips I have just torn each end of the papers for a little texture. Alternate between your strips and rectangles. You can see I have popped under the compass shapes.
8. In between a few layers of the papers I have added a little muslin [cheesecloth for additional texture and to add another layer.
9. I have used some water colour crayons and my water brush and painted a little blue colour around my embellishment cluster – I have also used a fan brush and flicked [splattered] a little more colour – randomly – no rhyme nor reason.
10. Once painted area has dried I have applied a little more stamping.
11. I have cut the chipboard word happy snaps into two pieces and on this layout have used the word ‘happy’. I have coloured it in using a black PITT artist pen – big brush pen.
12. Down on the right hand side of have adhered one of the luggage tag tickets, added a wee note about where the photo was taken, a little more colour, stamping, muslin and a flower.
13. Grab some gesso and a paintbrush and randomly apply.
14. All done.