Lion Layoutby Dana TatarC91 Call From The Wild Collection
To create this layout you will need:
Call from the Wild – Vanishing C91 003
Call from the Wild – Protected C91 005
Call from the Wild – Chipboard Album DC91 001 (Paw Print Chipboard Piece)
Call from the Wild – Lion Chipboard Word DC91 005
Call from the Wild – Carder's Pack MC91 001A (Africa's Pride Tag)
Call from the Wild – 2Trees Chipboard DC91 012 (Large Tree Plus Frame)
Call from the Wild – Clear Stickers ST91 001
Call from the Wild – Wild Footprints Stencil DS 061
FabScraps Wood Button
Green Corrugated Letters to spell “Africa”
Dye Ink – Black, Brown, Green
1. Tear a circular shape from the top of a piece of Vanishing patterned paper. Apply brown and green dye ink to the edges of both pieces of patterned paper. Glue the larger bottom half of the patterned paper, green side up, onto a piece of Protected patterned paper.
2. Tear a piece of corrugated cardboard approximately 4 inches wide and 12 inches long. Apply brown and green dye ink to the edges of the cardboard. Glue to the bottom of the layout, about 1 inch up from the bottom edge of the paper.
3. Attach the smaller piece of Vanishing patterned paper from Step 1 along the bottom of the corrugated cardboard, straight edge down.
4. Apply several shades of green dye ink to the leaves of the large Tree Chipboard. Apply brown dye ink to the trunk of the large Tree Chipboard. Cover the chipboard tree with glaze. Let dry. Glue the tree to the center of the embellished piece of corrugated cardboard.
5. Gather green corrugated letters to spell the word “Africa.” Apply brown dye ink to the edges of the letters. Glue the letters along the bottom of the embellished corrugated cardboard piece.
6. Apply a clear lion sticker to a piece of white cardstock. Cut out. Glue the sticker to the bottom right corner of the embellished corrugated cardboard piece.
7. Cut several green paper leaves in half. Glue the leaves behind the torn patterned papers and corrugated cardboard on the page.
8. Cut two pieces of burlap ribbon to measure about 6 inches long. Glue the ribbon behind the top left and bottom right corners of the corrugated cardboard piece.
9. Use black dye ink and the Wild Footprints Stencil to add lion prints along the top edge of the Vanishing patterned paper.
10. Create a photo frame from the 2 Trees Chipboard waste and the paw print from the chipboard album. Glue the paw print to the top right corner of the chipboard frame. Color the chipboard with brown dye ink. Tuck a photo of a lion into the frame and glue to the center of the layout.
11. Apply brown dye ink to the edges of an Africa's Pride tag. Tie a piece of twine through the hole in the top of the tag and into a knot. Tuck the tag behind the left side of the photo. Glue a wood button to the bottom of the tag.
12. Color the Lion Chipboard Word with dye inks. Apply a layer of glaze and let dry. Glue the chipboard word along the top of the photo frame, just to the left of the paw print.
13. Tear a piece of the Vanishing patterned paper into a small triangle. Apply brown dye ink to the edges of the piece of paper. Glue the paper piece to the top edge of the layout, just left of center.