C90 CHRISTMAS SNOW COLLECTION
by Michelle Frisby
For This Project You Will Need
• FabScraps C90 003
• FabScraps C90 004
• FabScraps C90 008
• FabScraps chipboard album DC90 001
• FabScraps stencil DS059
• FabScraps Cardmakers pack
• Metal Christmas foliage dies and a cutting machine
• Christmas sentiment
• Alene’s True Snow and a paintbrush
• Snow flake sequin shape
• Clear gesso
• Modelling paste
• Faux branches Christmas baubles
• Water colours
Instructions for your tag
1. Using C90 003 – use the 12 x 12 patterned paper as the base of your layout.
2. Trim a piece of C90 004 to 11 inches square and then and then from left to right starting at approximately 7” down on the left hand side.
3. Adhere and stitch to the bottom layer of paper around three sides of this paper.
4. Using your fingertips apply clear gesso and dry.
5. Place your stencil on the left hand side of your layout [as per the photo] and apply modelling paste and dry.
6. Restencil again towards the bottom of the right hand side of your layout and dry.
7. Cut out Christmas foliage pieces, I mean heaps of foliage pieces from the Cardmakers pack and using the chipboard album shape as a template, start layering and covering the circle shape.
8. Cut a couple of strips of C90 008 and adhere to the middle of your layout – different lengths and again the other way, forming a cross shape.
9. Now adhere your chipboard album shape with all the foliage, adhere a few snowflake sequin shapes and a few red Christmas faux branch baubles – build up the layers. In places I have six, seven, eight layers of Christmas foliage die cuts adhered to my chipboard shape.
10. Add a photo
11. Add your sentiment.
12. Grab some Aleene’s True Snow and a paintbrush and randomly apply – not only along the foliage and baubles, but also the edges of your photo and sentiments.
13. Now add a little colour using water colours and your paintbrush in and around your foliage on your layout.
14. Cut a little more foliage pieces and tuck in and adhere to fill in the background a little more under and around your chipboard centre piece.
15. All done.