Recipe Book – Country Kitchen by Denise van Deventer
FabScraps Country Kitchen Collection paper range: C76 001, C76 002, C76 003, C76 004, C76 005, C76 006, C76 007 & C76 008
Country Kitchen Recipe Book: DC76 001
Chipboard Pieces : DC76 012, DC76 005, DC76 008
Journal DIE Cuts: MC 76 001A
Stickers: ST76 001 & ST76 002
Acrylic Paint: Beige, Brown, White and Forest Green
Tim Holtz Distress Stain Walnut Stain
Clear pigment ink
Embossing Powders: Silver and White
1. Paint the cover of the recipe book 001 with Forest Green on the binding side and the chef’s face with beige. Paint his eyes and moustache with brown paint.
2. Once the Forest Green section is dry, whitewash this with white paint. Keep dipping the paint brush into a little water between strokes, this thins the paint and creates the whitewashed look. Use a paper towel to dab off the excess.
3. Dab some clear pigment ink over the chef’s hat and pot, cover with white and silver embossing powder and heat emboss.
4. Measure and cut out pieces of paper, as per the cover photo, for the chef’s jacket and pants.
5. Arrange everything as per the cover page and glue. Add 3 black buttons to the chef’s jacket.
6. Use a white gel pen to add highlights, around all edges and elements on the cover.
7. Use Journal Die Cut pieces and trim sheets 001, 002, 003, 004, 005, 006, 007 and 008 to fit the recipe book pages as per the pictures. Fussy cut elements from the various papers to add to these pages.
8. Use the square chipboard leftover bits to use on the pages and also white emboss these.
9. Ink the actual chipboard pieces with Walnut stain, making sure the edges are darker than the middles.
10. Arrange the chipboard pieces, fussy cut bits and stickers as per the pictures and glue!
11. Now go through each page and edge and highlight with some white acrylic paint. Allow each page to dry before turning over and starting on the other side. This is a rustic look, so need to be neat and fancy with the white highlights.