C85 SHABBY ROSE COLLECTION –
by Michelle Frisby
For This Project You Will Need
• FabScraps Floral Dreams – C85 003
• Fabscraps crystal bling
• Muslin [cheesecloth], stamens, wooden cotton reels, metal key, wooden frame, sewing machine, corrugated cardboard, feather wings, gesso, foliage metal dies, wadding, ink and flowers
1. Use C85 003 as your background paper – remove glass in frame and cut a piece of patterned paper to fit – replace glass.
2. Cut two heart shapes from C85 003, stitch together, leave a gap and stuff with wadding to give your heart a stuffed look and shape. Stitch up gap.
3. Ink around the edges of your heart.
4. Place two wooden cotton reels on top of your frame and adhere. This is to give your heart height so that it sits above your frame.
5. Adhere your feather wings and then adhere your heart to sit on top of the wings.
6. Now embellish your heart.
7. I have adhered a piece of corrugated cardboard to the right hand side of my heart and then built up my embellishment cluster, with muslin [cheesecloth], flowers, cut out foliage, a metal key.
8. Adhere sentiment – on this project I have used ‘creative wings’.
9. Randomly apply gesso around the edges of your heart, your embellishment cluster and then your frame.
10. Don’t forget to add a little Fabulous FabScraps bling.
11. All done.