Collection: C75 Tranquility
Live Laugh Love Tag by Denise van Deventer
I love making tags and it’s always nice to keep some on hand for gifts and general use.
Patterned Paper: FabScraps C75 005 French Rulers, FabScraps C75 008 French Gray
Stencils: FabScraps DS35 005 Jungle Twine
Stickers: FabScraps ST75 002 Live and Love
Chipboard: FabScraps DC75 013 Filigree Trim
Diecuts: FabScraps MC75 001A Tranquility Journal Die-Cuts
Metal Accents: FabScraps E7 02 Beach Charms – Compass
Blooms: Large FabScraps bloom & 2 teal Petaloo blooms
Cardstock: 2 x different shades of Green, White.
Die-Cuts: Leaf and ornate circular die-cuts
Brown Pigment Ink
Pink & White Acrylic Paint
Pink Spritz Ink
Double sided Tape
Spray bottle and water
Pens: White Gel, Brown or Grey Fine Liner
3D Adhesive Foam
1. Cut a piece of white cardstock 13cm x 19.5cm and distress the edges and ink with brown pigment ink.
2. Cut a rectangle 11.5cm x 18cm of French Rulers paper and round and ink the edges, with brown pigment ink.
3. Stick down this French Rulers rectangle onto the cardstock, ensuring that you use lengths of double sided tape, to cover the entire surface, so that there are no gaps in the tape. (This helps to prevent warping of the paper when you use gesso and water).
4. Place the stencil over the entire tag and secure with small bits of sticky tape. Use an old credit card or spatula to spoon and smooth some gesso over the entire tag. Remove your stencil and allow the gesso to dry completely.
5. Using your spray bottle, spray liberal amounts of water over your gesso areas. Add little drops of pink acrylic paint onto these wet areas. Now spritz more water into these little drops of paint, so that it starts to run. Pick up your tag and move the paint and water around, so that it runs in between your gesso stencilled area. See photo below. Allow this to dry completely. See figure 1.