Collection C75 Tranquility
General Tag by Denise van Deventer
Tags are one of my favourite things to make! It is a great way to use up bits and bobs and
Patterned Paper: FabScraps C75 007 Sewing Patterns, FabScraps C75 004 French Stripe, FabScraps C75 002 Misty Floral
Chipboard: FabScraps DC75 009 Filigree
Blooms: 2 teal Petaloo blooms
Stamp: Prima – Background
Cardstock: White and 2 shades of green
Die-Cuts: Various leaf die-cuts and a circle die-cut
Pigment Ink: Oasis Green and Brown
Pink & White Acrylic Paint
Pink Aquarelle Pencil
Double sided Tape
3D Adhesive Foam
1. Cut a piece of white cardstock 13cm x 19.5cm and distress the edges and ink with Oasis Green pigment ink.
2. Cut a rectangle 12cm x 18,5cm of Sewing Patterns paper and distress and ink the edges, with Oasis Green pigment ink.
3. Stick down the Sewing Patterns rectangle onto the cardstock.
4. Ink the Prima background stamp with brown pigment ink. Without using an acrylic block, just your fingers, randomly stamp over the Sewing Patterns paper. Using your fingers means that the images are softer, without sharp edges.
5. Cut 2 circular patterned die-cuts, approx. 10cm in diameter each, from the French Stripe paper. I used the lacey side of the paper. Ink the edges of these circles and then stick them down using 3D Adhesive Foam, overlapping one another, down the centre of the tag.
6. Cut out the Filigree chipboard from it’s frame, ensuring that you keep the frame intact for later use. Paint the chipboard piece with pink acrylic paint and allow to dry.
7. Fussy cut 2 half flowers from the Misty Floral paper, along with 10 leaves. Use the pink Aquarelle pencil to colour in the centre of the flowers. Spritz some water onto this coloured area and allow the colour to spread to the edges of the flower. Once dry, stick these either side of the circle die-cuts, where they overlap.
8. Die-cut various leaves and use a white gel pen and a grey fine liner to add highlights and definition to them.
9. Stick down the 2 teal blooms, at opposite ends of your die-cut circles. One is now at the top of the tag and one is at the other end. Add some of the leaf die-cuts and fussy cut leaves around these blooms.
10. Stick the Filigree chipboard over the centre of the 2 die-cut circles, where they overlap.
11. Add pearls to the Filigree chipboard piece.
12. Take a paint brush and with small amounts of white acrylic paint, highlight the blooms, leaves and Filigree chipboard.
13. Fold over teal lace and adhere behind the tag, in the top left hand corner.