C77 SERENITY COLLECTION
Mixed Media Layout
This page is a really special page for me as it tells a story of love that a Mother has for her son.
Patterned Paper: FabScraps C77 001 Cherished, FabScraps C77 007 Serenity, FabScraps C77 008 Serenity 2, FabScraps C77 005 Peaceful, FabScraps C77 003 Harmony
Stencils: FabScraps DS033 Birds Of Paradise
Chipboard: Lg Lilly Filligree 7.5"X3" Fits DC77 013; Always & Forever 3"X4" DC77 007
Blooms: 2 medium sized purple flowers and approx. 15 small purple flowers
Cardstock: Watercolour paper; Denim Blue; 2 shades of green
Die-Cuts: 1 large 7inch diameter ornate circle and 1 4inch diameter plain circle; various leaf die-cuts
Green and purple small gems
3D Adhesive Foam
Stamps: Prima Leaf and background stamp
Distress Ink – Shaded Lilac
Pigment Ink – Sahara Sand; Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy
Acrylic Paint: White and Denim Blue
Spray bottle and water
Photo: 6cm x 8cm
Clear Embossing Powder
White Gel Pen
. Cut the denim blue cardstock to 30cm x 30cm and distress the edges.
2. Cut the watercolour paper to 28,5cm x 28,5cm and distress the edges.
3. Using the Birds of Paradise stencil, use only the flower half of the stencil and gesso 2 flowers on the top left and bottom right hand corners, as per the layout photo. Allow this to dry.
4. Using your spray bottle, spray liberal amounts of water over your gesso areas. Add little drops of denim blue paint onto these wet areas. Now spritz more water into these little drops of paint, so that it starts to run. Pick up your page and move the paint and water around, so that it runs in between your gesso stencilled areas. Allow this to dry.
5. Randomly stamp with the Prima background stamp, all over your page, using Sahara Sand pigment ink.
6. Cut or punch the 7inch diameter ornate circle from the Serenity 2 patterned paper and edge with the denim blue paint. Allow this to dry, raise with 3D foam and then adhere to the page, between the stencilled flowers, as per the layout photo.
7. Cut the 4inch diameter plain circle from the Peaceful patterned paper and adhere to the centre of your 7inch diameter ornate circle.
8. Double matt the photo with firstly the denim blue cardstock and then the greyish side of the Harmony patterned paper.
9. Raise the matted photo with 3D foam and adhere to the middle of the plain circle.
10. Paint the large Lilly filigree chipboard with denim blue paint. Allow this to dry and then add white highlights. Adhere to the left hand side of the ornate circle and photo.
11. Stamp with the Prima leaf stamp around the top left hand side of the ornate circle down towards to the right hand side of the page, using Pearlescent Ivy.
12. Ink the Always and Forever chipboard with Shaded Lilac Distress Ink and then heat emboss with clear embossing powder. Allow to cool and then cut the chipboard into 3 separate words.
13. Cut various leaf die-cuts from the 2 shades of green cardstock and highlight with a white gel pen.
14. Raise and adhere the medium sized purple flowers over the flowers on the chipboard piece.
15. Add the various leaf die-cuts in and around the purple blooms and flowing into the stencilled gesso flowers. Now glue the small purple flowers randomly in and around the leaf die-cuts and medium purple blooms.
16. Fussy cut 2 butterflies from the Cherished patterned paper. Raise these and adhere to the page, as per the layout photo.
17. Lightly bend the Always and Forever words to curve them and stick down with white glue.
18. Fussy cut 2 postage stamps from the Serenity patterned paper and tuck and glue under the right hand side of the photo.
19. Add the purple and green gems around the 7inch ornate circle and along the stencilled gesso flowers.
20. Add highlights all over the edges, flowers, and leaves using a fine paintbrush and white acrylic paint.
21. Lastly add your hand written journalling.