Tuesday, 13 October 2015
Collection: C80 #Teens
Name of Project: Hanging Out
Fabulicious Design Team Member: Petra Offrell
For This Project You Will Need:
• FabScraps Elegant Chic C80 004 x 1
• FabScraps Elegant Chic C80 005 x 1
• FabScraps Elegant Chic C80 007 x 1
• FabScraps Elegant Chic C80 008 x 1
• FabScraps Elegant Chic ST80 001 x 1
• FabScraps Elegant Chic ST80 002 x 1
• FabScraps Elegant Chic MC80 001A x 1
• FabScraps Elegant Chic DC80 001 x 1
• Clear embossing powder, red ink
• Punch, 3D foam
• Edge scraper
• Black pen
1. Use the FabScraps Elegant Chic C81 007 as the base. Distress the edges using an edge distresser.
2. Cute a 11 ¾ “ x 11 ¾ “ piece of the FabScraps Elegant Chic C81 008. Distress the edges. Add to the page. Staple down some of the distressed edge and add a dashed line using a black pen.
3. Cut a 5” x 10” piece of the FabScraps Elegant Chic C81 005, trim the edges, distress and add.
4. Use the cut o triangle from the FabScraps Elegant Chic C81 005. Distress the edges and add.
5. Cut two pieces from the FabScraps Elegant Chic MC81 001A and tuck under.
6. Cut a piece from the FabScraps Elegant Chic C81 004, tear one of the edges and add.
7. Add the photo.
8. Use red ink on the FabScraps Elegant Chic DC81 001 word and add clear embossing powder. Cut of the frame. Add the title. Cut the frame in three pieces and add.
9. Place the stickers from FabScraps Elegant Chic ST81 001 and 2 onto white paper, fuzzy cut out and add.
10. Cut or punch out circles from the FabScraps Elegant Chic C81 004. Put them onto 3D foam and add.
11. Your layout is now ready to frame and hang!
1. Use a piece of 12x12 Working Elves – C79 004 – burlap side up for the base of your layout.
2. Cut a piece of Father Christmas – C79 001 – trim to 11” square and then tear from the left hand side on a diagonal until the right hand side is approximately 7” in length.
3. Lightly distress and rip edges and adhere.
4. Cut a strip of the same paper and reverse, punch along edge with lace edge doily punch and tuck in under ripped edges, leaving a little peeking out.
5. At the same time tuck under a little remnant piece of lace for texture and adhere two small flowers on the right hand side edge and one small flower along the top edge.
6. Use stencil DC79 008 and apply modelling paste to the right hand side of the paper, reposition and apply modelling paste to show a little at the left hand side of your cluster.
7. Cut and tear rectangle pieces of various patterned papers Christmas Children - C79 007, Father Christmas C79 001 and Working Elves C79 004, distress edges and layer. [Don’t stick anything down as yet].
8. Use a metal die and cut a selection of pieces of Christmas foliage using Christmas Tags C79 008.
9. Tuck in a few pieces of cheesecloth [muslin].
10. Tuck in pieces of Christmas foliage.
11. When you are happy with the layering, start adhering the layers.
12. On the top layer add a polaroid shaped frame and tuck your photo in and under before adhering.
13. Cut a piece of cat gut thread and string some green pearls and apply adhesive whilst stringing to hold pearls in place.
14. Tuck in and adhere baubles and adhere snowflakes.
15. Top with large green flower.
16. Cut out a Father Christmas from one of the patterned papers and tuck under the large green flower to the left of your photo.
17. Place title, using mini alpha stickers to the bottom right hand side of the polaroid frame.
18. Grab a paintbrush and randomly apply Aleene’s True Snow.Congratulations, you’re done.
ZOOTY CUTIES COLLECTION
Train – Zooty Cuties Express
For This Layout You Will Need:
· FabScraps paper range : C81 001, C81 002, C81 004, C81 005, C81 006, C81 007 & C81 008
· Chipboard Pieces : DC81 003, DC81 005, DC81 012, DC81 014 & DC81 015
· Carders Pack MC81 001A
· Sticker Sheet ST81 001 & 002
· Silhouette Cameo
· 1.5” Circle Punch
· Orange, Green, Turquoise and Pink Cardstock
· Kraft Cardstock
· Glossy Accents
· Acetate Sheet
· Tim Holtz Distress Ink Gathered Twigs, Spiced Marmalade, Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Picked Raspberry, Dusty Concord and Black Soot
· Flowers, Buttons, Thread, Straws, Ribbons & Trims
1. BOX ENGINE
1. Cut the following Box Engine parts from orange and green cardstock as per the picture:
· Window Trim, Cab Framework (only the components for the sides), Cab Opening Cover, Coupler Shape, Box Hull, Barrel Hull Bands, Barrel Hull and Smoke Stack (only the strip).
2. Cut the rest of the Box Engine from sheet 005 & 008 and ink the edges with gathered twigs.
3. Fussy cut the little animals and palm tree from sheet 001 and ink the edges with gathered twigs
4. Cut the word ‘Express’ from kraft cardstock and ink with spiced marmalade and mowed lawn, add glossy accents and let it dry.
5. Ink chipboard piece 003 with spiced marmalade and mowed lawn, add glossy accents and let it dry.
6. Ink chipboard pieces 015 with spice marmalade and mowed lawn. Sew the buttons on with thread as per the picture.
7. Assemble the Box Engine as per the instructions from Silhouette, before attaching the light add a piece of acetate sheet with the button in the centre as per the picture.
8. Ink the edges of the 2 cinema tickets from MC81 001A with gathered twigs.
9. Add sticker 001 to the side of the Barrel Hull.
10. Punch a circle from orange cardstock add sticker 002 onto the circle and place on top of the Smoke Stack.
11. Add the little animals to each window.
12. Arrange the rest of the embellishments as per the picture and glue!
2. COAL CAR
1. Cut the following Coal Car parts from turquoise cardstock as per the picture:
· Interior Support Posts, Contrast Panels and Coupler Shapes.
2. Cut the rest of the Coal Car from sheet 004 & 007 and ink the edges with gathered twigs.
3. Fussy cut 3 butterflies from sheet 001 and ink the edges with gathered twigs.
4. Cut 2 small pinwheels and ink the edges with gathered twigs, fasten with a brad and attach to the straws.
5. Ink chipboard piece 012 with peacock feathers (arrow & number 2) and salty ocean (number 1 & 3). Remove the number 4.
6. Ink chipboard pieces 015 with peacock feathers. Sew the buttons on with thread as per the picture.
7. Ink the edges of the 2 tickets from MC81 001A with gathered twigs.
8. Assemble the Coal Car as per the instructions from Silhouette.
9. Arrange the rest of the embellishments as per the picture and glue!
3. CARGO BOX CAR
1. Cut the following Cargo Box Car parts from pink cardstock as per the picture:
· Coupler Post and End, Coupler Bracket and Box Car Side Components (ink the ladders with picked raspberry).
2. Cut the rest of the Cargo Box Car from sheet 002 and 006 and ink the edges with gathered twigs.
3. Add sticker 001 to the Top Roof Accent.
4. Ink chipboard piece 005 with picked raspberry and black soot, add glossy accents and let it dry.
5. Ink chipboard pieces 014 with picked raspberry. Sew the buttons on with thread as per the picture.
10. Ink chipboard piece 012 with dusty concord (arrow & number 2) and picked raspberry (number 1 & 3). Remove the number 4.
6. Ink the edges of the 2 tickets from MC81 001A with gathered twigs.
7. Arrange the rest of the embellishments as per the picture and glue!
4. All Done!
C80 #TEENS COLLECTION
BY GIORGIA ROSSINI
You will need:
Fabscraps DC80 005 chipboard
Fabscraps DC80 013 chipboard
Fabscraps C80 002 Zero Tasking paper
Fabscraps C80 004 Free Range paper
Fabscraps C80 005 Type T paper
Fabscraps MC80 001A carder’s pack
Foam glittered circles
Multi surface paint orange
Xyron sticker maker
1. Starting with your chipboard DC80 005: cover it with gesso. Set aside to dry. Once dried, spray black mist and yellow mist on it: spray both colors in the same time, then wipe away with a paper napking the excess of colors to create an interesting effect. Set aside to dry. When dried, apply randomly with a brush some spot of orange paint
2. Continue with chipboard DC80 013: cover it with gesso. Set aside to dry. Once dried, apply orange paint with a brush.
3. The background for the layout is Zero Tasking paper
4. Hand tier diagonally Free Range and Type T paper, then glue them as shown on the background paper
5. Create several layers under papers included in MC80 001A carder’s pack: use foam tape to adhere each layer to create dimension. Glue down the layered picture where shown.
6. Use the Xyron sticker maker to add glue to your chipboard, then adhere them.
7. Apply enamel dots and foam glittered circles – tuck one of these circles under the top right corner of the picture.
8. Your layout is ready!